How are we Sustainable?
Well, if you're hunting for sustainability info, you probably know that fashion brands can't completely claim sustainability. Because of course, we sell stuff.
What we can do, is work with ethical suppliers, educate ourselves on best practices, and be transparent with our customers (that's you!)
All of our current styles are made using our PWRLFT Fabric. With its strong compression and supportive fit, you'll feel the most benefits during high endurance exercises, weight lifting and HIIT training.
- It is compromised of recycled materials - 73% Recycled Top Green Polyester to be exact
- The fabric has UV protective properties to keep your skin safe from the sun's rays
- It is in accordance with and has been awarded OEKO-TEX Standard 100 Certification - meaning it's been tested against up to 350 harmful chemicals
Zips might seem an odd thing to be proud of, but ours are *chefs kiss*
• The fabric tape and plastic teeth are made using recycled PET bottles
• They are awarded Intertek Global Recycled Standard 4.0 certification
• The zip locks into place to ensure no unwanted zip-slip during your workout
• The zip pully also locks into place to avoid it flipping up and down as you move
We told you, they're perfect.
Freda Power Flower Swing Tags
Our little swing tag has a lot to say. Excuse us for shouting but
did you know it's PLANTABLE?!
You can pop our swing tag into a plant pot, with some soil & water, and watch a beautiful Marigold plant sprout! Or as we like to call it, a Freda Power Flower.
- The paper uses absolutely ZERO trees for its production
- It is made from waste white cotton and marigold seeds
- When it is being created, the paper is dried naturally, making it one of the most eco-friendly forms of paper
- It's 100% biodegradable
- 100% recycled
- & 100% tree free
It's Corn! It was always corn.
Cornstarch packaging has become the gold standard of packaging and with good reason.
• Corn is a highly renewable resource
• It creates significantly less greenhouse gas emissions when manufactured compared to conventional plastics
• Corn starch is biodegradable meaning it will naturally break down and decompose into elements - such as water and carbon dioxide - that are safe and natural to the environment
• It can be transformed into valuable fertilisers when processed at industrial composting facilities
• Corn starch packaging can be easily recycled at material recovery facilities
We currently ship within the UK via Royal Mail.
We offer standard shipping on all products to the UK, meaning that products ordered before the distribution centres' 6pm cut-off, will be at your door in 2-3 working days.
Cost of standard shipping:
- UK - £3.99
- Ireland - £5.00
- EU - £16
- Rest of the world £20
For any orders outside of the UK, the shipping times will vary between 3-17 working days. If your country has import fees, these are not controlled by us and cannot be covered by us. These fees can vary so please check before placing your order.
We are unable to offer faster or cheaper shipping worldwide currently as we only have one distribution centre - based in the UK. To reduce our carbon footprint, we cannot offer faster shipping until we have distribution centres worldwide.
We work with two factories, one factory produces our iconic zips, and the other creates our final product.
Finding factories which ticked all of our Sustainable and Ethical boxes was essential for us.
We source our zips with this factory. Our zips are something we are incredibly proud of. The plastic teeth and fabric 'tape' of the zips are made using post-consumer, plastic PET bottles. This factory also creates threads and yarns using similar processes.
Accordance with Modern Slavery Act of 2015
Working with factories that value and respect the livelihoods of their employees is paramount. Modern Slavery within manufacturing and the supply chain is very real and we must do everything in our power to ensure we work against that.
Read their statement regarding The Modern Slavery Act of 2015 here.
They work in accordance with multiple sustainable accreditations:
- They are members of the Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) programme
- Their products are STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® Class I certified, the most stringent class covering textile items suitable for babies and toddlers.
- They maintain a Restricted Substances List (RSL) which incorporates the requirements of all the major internationally recognised environmental standards and legal regulations (for example REACH, Oeko-Tex, The State of California’s Proposition 65, CPSIA) and industry lists such as ZDHC and bluesign®. It extends to some 900 chemicals and all of their suppliers are required to comply with it.
- They are members of BCI - Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), a global not-for-profit, that is the world's largest cotton sustainability programme.
Learn about their other accreditations here
They consistently work towards creating products which are innovatively and sustainably minded. They are replacing all of their threads with 100% recycled yarn by 2024 and investing in their staff to ensure everything they do is backed by innovation and on the path to greater sustainability.
They adhere to their Government’s regulations on the treatment of employees, waste disposal, and sanitation and the facility is fully air-conditioned
They are committed to being zero waste. They use certified earth-friendly dyes and only pack their goods in biodegradable packaging.
Left-over fabric scraps are donated to local groups who remake them into saleable goods.
Employees are paid at least double the minimum wage, and they receive double those wages for overtime. Staff are provided with free medical insurance, covering doctors' fees, prescribed medication & hospitalisation, this is extended to their spouse & up to three children.
Staff are provided with healthy, fresh, cooked lunches every day
Monthly donations are made to a local Charity, who are devoted to the welfare & education of local women & children.
They only work with sustainable fabrics. All fabrics used are certified recycled, OEKO-TEX® approved and all dyes are GOTS approved